Sunday, December 13, 2015

The Writers' League #2: Image I Made & Picture for Future

"Images capture the souls, not just smiles."

"Shoot not what it looks like, shoot what it feels like."

"It's not about the camera, but who's behind the camera."


What can you say about this picture? Okay, maybe we can make a story out of it:

Once upon a long time ago, there was a man who has everything and he loves a girl who has nothing. The prince lived in a majestic castle while the girl lived in a poor village. The prince was so in love with the girl that he ordered his servants to bring her jewelries of luxurious types, unlimited supply of food, and everything she ever wanted. But she did not recognize the Prince. She did not love him because she thought, "I'm just a poor girl, and he's a prince. I can't be with him." She did not love him because she don't know him. She did not love him because he was this and she was that.

The King was so desperate. He will do anything to get the girl. And so, he left his throne, removed his crowns, threw his robe and took away his sandals... he left his throne and his title as a prince.

And so, he became like her. The prince pursued the girl's heart. He lived where she lives, ate what she eats, and did what she does... all for love. And the girl knew the kind of love that the prince has lavished upon her... a love beyond reasons. (Based on the story excerpt, Love Beyond Reasons, Ortberg)


True, an image can be interpreted in countless ways. This is what I have learned last week through Ma'am Sassy's wonderful activities. I'm really enjoying this class... a lot!

ACTIVITY 1: Image I Made

The image is very boring. The color is gray, there are no interesting features in the picture... so we gave it colors not through crayons but through words. Yes, creative writing just saved the day. :D

We entitled the story: Into the Sea. Well, it's not about Ariel, it's about a guy who reminisces his past... all alone on the seashore where her girlfriend died. :")

We're not murderers, I swear. It was not by purpose that the story ended up tragically. Hahahaha! Okay okay, I'm guilty. Jeff Harold Uy and Rosabel Achaso are also to blame. HAHAHA!

To choose the right words are the most tricky part. We have the ideas, but it took us minutes to figure out what is the other term for "SEA". Hahaha. Yeah, seriously.

ACTIVITY 2: Picture for Future


This is my dream car...

"One day, I'll be at the place God wants me to be."


Yes. Ma'am gave us the freedom to have a car. Yehay! How powerful a teacher could be. Hehehe. If I would own a car, I'd choose a blue car with no roof. I hate air conditioners and air fresheners, it makes my head feel move back and forth... literally.


JESUS is the Way, the Truth and the Life. (John 14:6) This is the very reason why I chose this bumper sticker. It is real, it is what I want to put, and it is what God wants me to say.

The story I made was about me travelling to "Jesus Garden" during my wedding day. As I wrote the story, I was really inspired. It was spontaneous, maybe because I'm really looking forward to that day when I'll be having my first kiss on the Altar together with the man whom God will put in my life to cherish and to hold in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer...



I never knew I'd be so excited to write knowing the fact that I'm a certified couch potato. And I thank Ma'am Sassy for guiding us and facilitating our writing skills. And above all, I thank God for giving me the words to write and to say. GOD BLESS US ALL!


No comments:

Post a Comment