Tuesday, March 8, 2016

The Writers' League #12: Not Another Ordinary Story (A Short Story)

"God is dead!"
                I never knew the meaning of joy, freedom or love. I hated my life for making me like this --- a wretched street child abandoned  by the people I once called family. I don't have a home but I can occupy every street corners I want to. You may say my plate is always empty but you're wrong. I really don't own a plate, literally, but I can eat wherever I want and I give special courtesy to the restaurant consumers who don't have the appetite to finish their food. People walking in the street may see me indiffirent and would look at me as the most unloved person in the planet, but do they know that I am the superior in the wild streets of this town? In fact, my name is written in red in police stations and that makes me famously infamous. Yes, I have a name. At least I can say that I own something.
                I don't believe in God. I call Him dead in a metaphorical sense that He never really died because He never really lived in the first place.
                "Greg! The police are coming, hide yourself while you still can!" One of the street children exclaimed as he run in sweat and blood.
                I'm not afraid of them, they can shoot me if they want. I don't want to live anymore, I already want to end up this misery.
                "Bang!"
                I can see blood, surrounding all over me. They're running towards me. Run. I need to run still. I am so afraid and I'm struggling to death but I need to escape.
                I can't do it, I lied down and crawled, until I was able to hide inside a small building. I looked up and I saw a cross. I'm in a Church. My tears rolled down and my heart sank. Maybe, this is by the grace of God that He took me here. I closed my eyes and saw the face of Jesus looking at me. I can hear Him saying, "My Child, I love you and I'm here for you."
                That day, I found myself surrendering to God before the police. After that incident, I came to know God and I built an intimate relationship with Him. Now I know the meaning of love, joy and freedom. I'm not an orphan anymore, I'm now a legitimate child of God. Yes, I have a name, and it's still written in red... but not in precincts anymore. I believe, God already have my name written in His Book of Life. This is my second chance, and I would live it all for Him, because God is alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment